What Goes in your choosen Recycling Receptacle
QUESTIONS CALL 712-254-0677
WHAT TO RECYCLE
All paper must be clean and dry
- Paperback Books
- Office Paper
- Phone Books
- Junk Mail
Note: Please put shredded paper in garbage bag
Cardboard Boxes – Must be clean and dry
- Please break down cardboard if you have the capability.
- Cereal box
- Detergent box
- Pop and Beer boxes
- Basically food items that come in a box
Tin Cans: Remove lids and rinse. DO NOT need to remove labels.
- Aluminum and Steel (tin) Cans
Plastics: Accept #1- #7 - REMOVE LIDS, DISCARD IN TRASH, AND RINSE
DO NOT need to remove labels.
Note: Can Find Recycling Mark and Number on the Bottom of the Items.
WHAT NOT TO RECYCLE
- No Glass, due to safety of staff sorting recycables
- No Plastic that doesn't have recycling number on
- No plastic wrapping of any sort
- No plastic grocery bags (cass county recycling
center does not recycle these items)
There are things out there that are not recycable. When in doubt put it in the garbage not the recycling bin.
Note: The recycling bin should never look like the inside of your trash receptacle. Recycling is relatively a very clean process.
Mac & Cheese Boxes, Cereal Boxes, Soda Boxes, Etc... thats not even currently recycled at our local landfill!